Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Latest FO

Actually finished this little pretty a few weeks ago. I am so freaking proud of it! It's taken me over 2 years to finish it, not that I've knitted on it exclusively by any stretch of the imagination but it was a pretty complicated knit for me. And I added beads which might not have been the smartest choice. Wish I had a good picture showing the beads.

The pattern is from Victorian Lace Today. Alpine Knit Scarf with Double Rose Leaf Center Pattern and Diamond Border. Whew! I don't think I've ever known the true name of it until now when I looked it up. I always called it the Alpine Shawl. Anyway, that book has the most boring & ridiculous names for such gorgeous shawls/scarves!

I had a few mishaps along the way. But, oh yea...wanted to tell you what yarn I used. Gorgeous stuff. Claudia Handpainted Silk Lace. OMG! This yarn is so gorgeous. The colorway that I bought (at Old Oaks Ranch in like 2008) is called DK Green. Again, a dumb name, imo. The yarn color changes very subtly from a greyish green to a more grey and then back again. Just gorgeous. I don't usually go for handpainted yarns but this one was so subtle that I actually wished for a tiny bit more color change.

Ok...so now to the nitty gritty. The book is lovely. They spent a lot of $ and pages on lovely artwork. They could've spent some of that on better charts & directions. Just my opinion. Or maybe that's just me trying to shift the blame. LOL. Suffice it to say that Chart A is very confusing. Look at my Ravelry page  for my detailed notes.

One bit of advice, if you knit this....after you figure out how to do Chart A, remember what you did on the first edge because you're gonna have to do it again at the other end. Duh!





2 comments:

Knitrageous said...

Wow! You sure have a reason to be proud! It's beautiful!

JoAnn said...

Congratulations on finishing your shawl - it's gorgeous! We all have our never-ending projects; just glad you saw this one to the end. Beautiful yarn also :)