Saturday, February 07, 2009

A Tale of Two Hats or Three

I finished two hats recently. The purple one is done in some nasty acrylic with sparkly bits in it. I have no idea what brand or anything about it as it came from my dear departed sister in law from whom I inherited a garbage bag full of partial skeins of acrylic worsted weight yarn. Most without labels. But mom likes the hat and that's what counts. Oh yes, the pattern is from Knitty and is called Foliage. Ummmm. there is a red x where the picture should be. Hope I can fix that. But the picture is kind of wierd anyway because it's one of those self portraits taken in the bathroom mirror.

The blue one is smariek's Cap Karma Hat with the modifications made by Brooklyntweed for the top decreases. It is a nice pattern and quick and easy. I mostly worked on it while on the exercise bike. I am trying to improve my cable abilities so I think I will try the Honeycomb hat next.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: