Sunday, June 29, 2008

Success!

There was no bloodshed in the house. MS3 is done. Can we all breath a sigh of relief? Well, I will anyway. You can see the seam down the back, but I'm ok with that. I'm just so thrilled with it and actually once I got the groove of grafting it wasn't so bad. But, I will certainly shy away from projects with that word in them. Or at least lace projects.



MS3 back



So, now that that's done. And, by the way, it took me three days less than one year to finish it. Of course, I didn't work on it exclusively. In fact, I didn't touch it for several months.



Last night I finished this really cute crocheted Floppy Brim Hat. Pattern here. I had to modify the pattern to make it fit my tiny head and it still turned out a little large. But, I like it fine. Except that I don't look nearly as glamorous as I'd hoped. A good grip on reality has never been one of my strong points.



Next up...Featherweight Fantasy Shawl in black Zephyr DK for mom. I'd also like to start the Myrtle Leaf shawl in the Claudia's laceweight that I got at WHIBSIB. The VLT yahoo is doing this as their KAL for July.



We're dancing this afternoon so I better go get my butt in gear.

2 comments:

Toni said...

Wow--congratulations on finishing MS3--AND the grafting! I hate the asymmetrical version I'm doing, but I just couldn't face grafting that much lace. Borders are bad enough, but I do not have the stomach for attempting a highly visible lace join.

YOU ARE MY NEW HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it looks quite fabulous, too!!!!

Bev said...

Thank you, Toni! There are some mistakes but I'm pleased with it. Now, I just need to actually wear it somewhere.