Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Holy Grafting, Batman!

MS3 grafting

Back several months ago when I blithly commented that I was going to make the MS3 in two symmetrical panels and graft them together, why oh why, didn't someone slap me?



I. HAD. NO. CLUE.



Do not be mislead...grafting lace is not for the faint of heart. I almost puked after about 15 minutes of it. Seriously. It took me an hour and 15 minutes (not counting the time I spent just staring at it swearing) to do just the 20 or so stitches in the edge. And when I came back to it the next day it was seriously screwed up. The little row of yo's did not match up. Not even close. So, I bravely set forth to un-graft. You ever done that? Well, let me tell you....it's even harder than grafting.



So, this is how much I have done now after about 3 hours. I am halfway. Yippee. I have kindly pointed out my f&%$ups aahhh errors for you by circling them in red.



The next time you hear from me...it will either be finished or there will be bloodshed in this household. Ok, maybe not quite that severe. But, let's hope for finished.

No comments: